"I forgot my Windows 7 password" is one of the worst things you can imagine. Though there are many ways on the Internet for Windows 7 password reset. If you can't pick up a good idea, it will completely waste a whole day. Without losing any data and re-install system, here I will share you a good free way on resetting Windows 7 logon and admin password from command prompt.
Generally open command prompt is a method of using built-in DOS command prompt to change user name and user password. Firstly you need an admin account that has administrator privileges. Suppose you have lost your administrator account (Mosoh) password, following I will show you what you can do.
Windows 7 OS has a built-in administrator account which has no password for it. This account was created during Windows installation, and was disabled by default. You need to enable that account before resetting other admin account password.
1. To access the command prompt, please start your computer and press "F8" while the computer boots up. The Advanced Boot Options screen appears.
2. Use the arrow keys to highlight the "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and press "Enter." Your computer will start in Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
3. Select the Administrator account that appears in the screen, then enter command prompt.
4. Type the commands for bypassing Windows 7 passwords: "net user Mosoh 123456" and enter, it will show you a message that the command completed successfully.
5. Restart your computer, then you'll pimp out Windows command prompt and log in Mosoh with the password 123456. You can also go to Control Panel to change your account password if necessary.
If this tip won't help with reset Windows password as your built-in administrator account won't appear in the screen. you can use Windows password reset disk to force remove/change your Windows 7 standard/admin password. Just as following tip.
Unable to reset password of Windows 7 by cmd? Have password with build-in administrator account? To be easier to reset the login password, you need to use a third party Windows Password Key, it is a better and quicker choice.
Step 1: Download and install Windows Password Key in any available computer.
Step 2: Run Windows Password Key to a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive and burn it as a disk.
Step 3: Insert the disk to your locked computer and then boot it by the disk, then you can follow the easy instruction to reset Windows 7 password. It's 100% recovery, so I'm sure you'll enter your system after that.