Below are the steps to reset Windows password using Windows Password Key Professional
Step1. Download a free demo version of Windows Password Key Professional (to view the user list for a trial) in any accessible PC (not password protected) or buy a full version online (to reset an unknown password)
Step2. Run the downloaded file to install Windows Password Key Professional. You can install Windows Password Key Professional on any PC you have access to.
Step3. Windows Start menu - From your Microsoft Windows Start Programs menu, select Windows Password Key Professional and then click Windows Password Key Professional.exe. Windows Password Key Professional will be launched automatically.
Step4. Using a Windows Password Key bootable CD/DVD to reset windows password or using a Windows Password Key bootable USB Flash Drive to reset windows password following the instructions below:
Using a Windows Password Key bootable USB Flash Drive to reset windows password
Step 1: Choose the existing windows password key image file.
You can click "Browse" to browse Windows Password Key image file. The file is usually located as the default.
Step 2: Choose your USB Flash Drive:
Select "USB Flash Drive" and insert your USB into a USB port on the computer, specify the USB Flash Drive from the pull-down list.
Click "Burn" button.
Step 3: The burning process starts.
Windows Password Key extracts the ISO image and copies the necessary files on a USB Flash Drive.
Step 4: Put in your newly created USB Flash Drive and remove your Windows password:
1. Insert newly created USB Flash Drive and reboot your computer.
2. If you're using Windows 7 and older versions or have installed Windows 8 on an existing computer that uses the legacy BIOS system, you can simply set the BIOS to boot from USB Drive. For the computer with Windows 8 preinstalled uses UEFI, you should disable UEFI Secure Boot firstly, then access the BIOS in the traditional way.
3. Choose the Windows installation to be processed:
3. Choose the user whose password you want to reset by typing it's number and pressing "ENTER".
4. Type "y" followed by "ENTER" to reset the password.
5. After you confirm the resetting of the password. Windows Password Key asks: 'Reset password for another account? (y/n)'. Type "y" to reset password for another account, or "n" if you are finished and want to exit. Remove the Windows Password Key bootable USB and restart your PC. Now you are able to log into your computer without a password!