How to reset Windows local account password or domain password using Windows Password Key? The following will show you a step-by-step guide to complete windows password reset tasks.
- How to Use Windows Password Key Standard - Reset windows Local account password with a bootable CD/DVD
- How to Use Windows Password Key Professional - Reset windows Local account password with a bootable USB
- How to Use Windows Password Key Enterprise - Reset windows Local account password or domain password with a bootable CD/DVD/USB
Below are the steps to reset Windows password using Windows Password Key Enterprise
Step1. Download a free demo version of Windows Password Key Enterprise (to view the user list for a trial) or buy a full version online (to reset an unknown password)
Step2. Run the downloaded file to install Windows Password Key Enterprise. You can install Windows Password Key on any PC you have access to.
Step3. Windows Start menu - From your Microsoft Windows Start Programs menu, select Windows Password Key Enterprise| Windows Password Key Enterprise.exe . Windows Password Key will be launched automatically.
Step4. Using a Windows Password Key bootable CD/DVD to reset windows password or using a Windows Password Key bootable USB Flash Drive to reset windows password following the instructions below:
How to Use Windows Password Key Enterprise - Reset windows Local account password or domain password with a bootable CD/DVD/USB.
Option 1: Create a bootable USB flash drive with default ISO image
Burn a bootable USB flash drive with the default ISO image file provided by Windows Password Key. If your computer can't read the default ISO image, please refer to the option 2.
Step 1: Choose your USB drive:
Select "USB flash drive" and specify the USB flash drive burning drive from the pull-down list. Insert a blank USB flash drive. Click "Burn" button.
In the pop-up window, select "Yes" to go on burning (All data in this USB flash drive will be erased).
Step 2: The burning process starts.
Windows Password Key extracts the ISO image and copies the necessary files on a USB flash drive.
If your computer can't read the default ISO image, you can make a new ISO image with built-in Windows Setup CD and then burn a bootable CD/DVD or a USB flash drive. The program will provide the built-in Windows Setup CD, so you simple follow steps below.
Step 1: Select to make a new ISO image
Run Windows Password Key Enterprise. And click the link at the bottom of the interface labeled as "Advanced Recovery- Create an advanced password reset CD/DVD/USB which has better hardware compatibility (Win8, Win7, etc.)".
Step 2: Select the Windows version of the target computer
Select the Windows version of the computer that you're going to recover password for.
If you're not certain which version it is, just select "Do not specify the Windows versions of target computer".
If you need to reset a Windows password for a SCSI/RAID/IDE hard drive, you are allowed to add WinPE drivers (RAID disks): Click "Options". In the pop-up window, switch to "Add WinPE Drivers", select the "Specify WinPE Version" option and click "Add Driver".
Step 3: Select your Media
Connect your CD/DVD or USB drive and select its location. Or you can save the ISO image on your local folder. It's saved in D:\boot.ios by default.
Step 4: Download System Drive
Click "Burn". This program will start to download system drive. It will take a few minutes.
Step 5: Start Burning.
After it downloading finished, the software will start burning automatically. By the way, it will reformat your USB drive and erase the data on it before burning.
Part 2: Reset your Windows domain password
Follow steps below to reset your Windows password with the password reset disk you just created.
1. Insert newly created USB flash drive in your locked computer and reboots your computer.
If you’re using Windows 7 and older versions or have installed Windows 8 on an existing computer that uses the legacy BIOS system, you can simply set the BIOS to boot from CD/DVD-ROM or boot from USB Drive. For the computer with Windows 8 preinstalled uses UEFI, you should disable UEFI Secure Boot firstly, then access the BIOS in the traditional way.
3. Choose the Windows installation to be processed.
There are 4 options for you to manage Windows password: Remove Windows password, Change Windows password, create a new Windows account, Remove an account.
Option 1: Remove Windows Password
This option allows you to login Windows without any password by removing the forgotten or lost Windows local or domain password.
1. Select the user account whose password you want to remove and select "Remove Windows Password" mode.
2. Confirm to remove password and click Next to go on. Your password will be removed successfully.
Option 2: Change Windows Password
You can change your forgotten Windows password. After changing, you can enter your locked computer with the new password.
1. Select "change Windows Password".
2. Enter you new password and select the settings about the password. Click Next to go on.
3. Your Windows password will be change successfully. Click "Reboot" to restart your PC and login Windows with the new password.
Option 3: Remove an Admin Account
This option allows you to delete an account if it is not the one you wanted. Before removing, make sure there is no vital data stored there. Once removing the account, you will lose all information in that account.
1. Select the user account whose password you want to change and select "Remove an admin account".
2. Confirm to remove the admin account and click Next to go on.
3. Your password will be removed successfully. Click "Reboot" to restart your PC and login Windows with other accounts.
Option 4: Create a New Windows Admin Account
This option allows you to create a new Windows local or domain account. After creating, you can get access to the locked computer with the new username and password.
1. Select "Create a new admin account".
2. Enter your new account name, password and set up the settings about the password.
3. Your password will be removed successfully. Click "Reboot" to restart your PC and login Windows with the new accounts.
That's all for how to use Windows Password Key to remove, create a Windows password or a Windows account.
Get Windows Password Key Enterprise Now!
Alexan"No problems at all, one of the very best programs around, ever. I know I have had three friends download it and all three bought it. OUTSTANDING - GOOD JOB!"
Darron"I really like the Windows Password Key software I got from your company - it works really good!!! I'm telling all my computer friends to get it and they will love how great it works and fixes things!!! Thank You!!!"
- Read More...