Below are the steps to reset Windows password using Windows Password Key Standard
Step1. Download a free demo version of Windows Password Key Standard (to view the user list for a trial) in any accessible PC (not password protected) or buy a full version online (to reset an unknown password)
Step2. Run the downloaded file to install Windows Password Key Standard. You can install Windows Password Key Standard on any PC you have access to.
Step3. Windows Start menu - From your Microsoft Windows Start Programs menu, select Windows Password Key Standard and then click Windows Password Key Standard.exe . Windows Password Key Standard will be launched automatically.
Step4. Using a Windows Password Key bootable CD/DVD to reset windows password following the instructions below:
Using a Windows Password Key bootable CD/DVD to reset Windows password
Step 1: Choose the existing windows password key image file.
You can click "Browse" to browse Windows Password Key image file. The file is usually located as the default.
Step 2: Choose your CD/DVD drive:
Select "CD/DVD" and specify the CD burning drive from the pull-down list. Insert a blank CD/DVD disk into the CD-ROM drive.
Click "Burn" button.
Step 3: The burning process starts.
Windows Password Key extracts the ISO image and copies the necessary files on a CD.
Step 4: Put in your newly created CD and remove your Windows password:
1. Insert newly created CD in your CD drive and reboot your computer from CD/DVD.
If you're using Windows 7 and older versions or have installed Windows 8 on an existing computer that uses the legacy BIOS system, you can simply set the BIOS to boot from CD/DVD-ROM. For the computer with Windows 8 preinstalled uses UEFI, you should disable UEFI Secure Boot firstly, then access the BIOS in the traditional way.
2. Choose the Windows installation to be processed:
3. Choose the user whose password you want to reset by typing it's number and pressing "ENTER".
4. Type "y" followed by "ENTER" to reset the password.
5. After you confirm the resetting of the password. Windows Password Key asks: 'Reset password for another account? (y/n)'. Type "y" to reset password for another account, or "n" if you are finished and want to exit. Remove the Windows Password Key bootable CD/DVD and restart your PC. Now you are able to log into your computer without a password!