Microsoft has revealed full details about Windows 8.1, formerly known as Windows 8 Blue. To whet your appetites in meantime, some of you may have downloaded the preview version and went into trouble like "forgetting Windows 8.1 password". Therefore, we picked out the top 5 options about Windows 8.1 password reset along with detailed steps.
You must sign in with an administrative privilege and then reset forgotten password for other user account. Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) is only available in the 8.1 Pro and Enterprise editions. If that doesn't describe your situation, go for versatile Windows Password Key.
3. Right click the local user account that you want to change the password for, and click "Set Password". Then click "Proceed".
Here is how to hack administrator password using cmd in windows 8.1. Make sure that you login into as an administrator.
2. Type the command in the format "net user UserName NewPassword", press Enter. If you want to remove this password, just replace NewPassword with *.
It is required to sign in as an administrator if you need to change other user password for Windows 8.1 in Control Panel.
2. Click "Manage another account".
Above 2 methods is required login as the administrator and then do the rest. If you are the only user on this computer, or you lost the password for administrator, turn to Windows Password Key.
If you use Microsoft account as your Windows 8.1 credentials, you can easily reset your lost Windows 8.1 password by following 2 methods.
Windows Password Key is the most reliable software to recover forgotten or lost Windows 8.1 password, as well as lower Windows versions. You can create it at any time you need as soon as you need. It can recover Windows 8.1 administrator password, as well as other standard user account passwords.
Follow the short steps. To get started, download this Windows 8.1 password reset tool on another available computer.
1. Insert a CD/DVD/USB flash drive on the available computer, and click "Burn" to burn an Asus password reset disk.
2. Insert the newly burnt password reset disc to the locked computer. Set BIOS to boot this computer from CD/DVD/USB. It will reboot automatically after you finish settings.
3. Follow the wizard to reset lost or forgotten Windows 8.1 password.
It is a good habit to change Windows 8.1 password on a regular basis to keep your computer secure. Following method is workable to change the current Windows 8.1 password.
1. Open "PC settings" by pressing Windows + I keys and clicking "Change PC settings". Click "Accounts" on the left side.
Well, this article covers all situations you may encounter about resetting password for Windows 8.1. If you lost your password, try use Windows Password Key.